The Shnarped #GameNight Challenge is a new daily picks contest for hockey fans. Simply answer a series of questions about tonight’s NHL games and be entered to win a weekly prize. Each correct answer earns more entries into a random draw so if you guess all five questions correctly? That’s 25 entries into the draw! Play every day to earn more chances to win.
Click here for more details on the rules.
Duration: Monday, November 25 to Saturday, November 30
This Week’s Prize: Shnarped Hoodie (valued at $70)
Thank you to everyone who participated in the first Shnarped #GameNight Challenge. The winner will be contacted via email.
GameNight Six: Saturday, November 30, 2013
1. Toronto versus Montreal is a staple of Hockey Night in Canada. Which team wins the game tonight?
Montreal – The Habs won 4-2
2. The Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils are two of the lowest scoring teams in the NHL. Will either team score 2 or more goals in their game tonight?
No – NJ won 1-0 in OT
3. Alex Ovechkin and John Tavares get most of the headlines when the Capitals play the Islanders but we want to know who will have more points between Nicklas Backstrom and Frans Nielsen?
Backstrom – 1 goal
4. There have been a number of incidents over the years when Mike Smith plays the Blackhawks. Will Mike Smith be penalized in tonight’s game?
No – Smith was not penalized
5. Ryan Getzlaf and Joe Thornton are two of the league’s premier playmakers, which one will have more assists in the game tonight?
Getzlaf – 1 assist
Thornton – 1 assist
GameNight Five: Friday, November 29, 2013
1. After Sidney Crosby got injured last season, Martin St. Louis took over the league scoring lead. Which player will have more points when Pittsburgh faces Tampa tonight?
Crosby – 3 assists
2. The St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks are two of the best teams in the Western Conference. Which team will win their game tonight?
Sharks – SJ won 6-3
3. Alex Ovechkin and PK Subban are two physical players. Which player will have more hits in the Montreal versus Washington game tonight?
Ovechkin – 5 hits to Subban’s 1
4. Will Jonathan Toews record 2 or more points against Dallas tonight?
No – Toews was pointless
5. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres have had some intense games this year. How many total penalty minutes will there be in tonight’s game?
Zero to 8
9 to 14 – There were 14 combined PIMs
More than 15
GameNight Four: Thursday, November 28, 2013
1. Henrik Sedin has 11 assists in 15 career games against Ottawa. Will he record an assist against Ottawa tonight?
Yes – Sedin picked up 2 assists
2. The Vancouver Canucks are among the league leaders in SHOTS FOR per game and the Ottawa Senators are among the league’s worst in SHOTS AGAINST per game. How many shots will Vancouver register against Ottawa?
Zero to 25
26 to 30 – Vancouver recorded 28 shots
31 to 35
More than 36
3. Erik Karlsson and Alexander Edler will possibly be Olympic teammates for Sweden in Sochi. Will either one of these two players score a goal in tonight’s game between Ottawa and Vancouver?
No – Neither player scored in the game
4. Nail Yakupov is showing signs of the player we saw in his rookie season lately. How many points will Nail record for Edmonton against Nashville?
Zero – Yakupov was pointless in Edmonton’s 3-0 win
1 to 2
3 or more
5. The Nashville Predators are a team without a superstar forward. Will any forward on the Predators play 20 minutes or more in tonight’s game?
No – The highest TOI for a forward was Mike Fisher at 17:45
GameNight Three: Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
1. Patrick Kane is riding an 11 game point streak. Will it continue tonight against Calgary?
Yes – Kane scored 2 goals in a 3-2 Chicago in
2. Bryan Little currently has more goals than John Tavares. Will Little have more goals than Tavares in the Winnipeg Jets versus New York Islanders game tonight?
No – Tavares scored once while Little was scoreless
3. Alex Ovechkin is chasing his own version of 50 goals in 50 games. Will Ovi score tonight against the Ottawa Senators?
No – Ovechkin didn’t score in a 6-4 Ottawa win
4. Evgeni Malkin has an assist in 5 straight games. Will he continue his streak and get an assist tonight against Toronto?
Yes – Malkin notched 1 assist to go along with his 2 goals in a 6-5 Penguins shootout win
5. There are 13 games tonight in the NHL, will any team score 5 or more goals in a game?
Yes – 5 teams managed 5 or more goals
GameNight Two: Tuesday, November 26, 2013
1. There is only one game tonight in the NHL. Which team will win?
Dallas Stars – Dallas won 6-3
2. Will the game between the Ducks and Stars go to a shootout?
No – Dallas won in regulation
3. Both the Ducks and the Stars have great dynamic duos. Which one will record more combined points in the game?
Getzlaf & Perry – Even though Dallas scored 6 goals, Benn & Seguin were pointless while Getzlaf & Perry combined for 2 points.
Benn & Seguin
4. Teemu Selanne and Ray Whitney are still playing prominent roles on their teams in their 40’s. Which player will have more points in this game?
Whitney – 1 point to Selanne’s 0
5. Dallas Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon is one of his team’s leading shot blockers. How many shots will Dillon block in the game?
1 to 2 – Dillon was credited with 1 blocked shot
3 or more
GameNight One: Monday, November 25, 2013
1. It’s always an interesting battle when the Penguins offense takes on the Bruins defense. Will Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin both record at least one point in the game?
Yes – Crosby scored a very late goal in regulation and Malkin assisted on James Neal’s first goal.
2. How many shots on goal will Columbus register against Toronto?
Zero to 20
21 to 25 – Columbus put up 22 shots in a 6-0 win over Toronto
26 to 32
33 or more
3. Vincent Lecavalier lit up the Florida Panthers many times when he was a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning, will he score a goal against them tonight as a member of the Flyers?
No – Lecavalier did not score in the game
4. Sam Gagner once recorded 8 points in a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. When his Oilers meet the Blackhawks tonight, how many points will Gagner record?
Zero to 2 – Gagner was pointless in Edmonton’s 5-1 loss to Chicago
3 to 4
5 or more
5. The LA Kings are one of the toughest teams to score against in the NHL. Will the Kings shutout the Vancouver Canucks tonight?
No – The Kings won 3-2 in overtime.